Sunday, May 10, 2009

Review: The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Facial Wash


















source:
http://www.thebodyshop.com.sg/en/ProductDetail.aspx?ProdID=956&SubCateId=85&CateId=4

I have been using this for a while, along with Ah Yuan Organic Mung bean & Job’s tears soap as my daily cleansers. I had to add this into my skincare routine because although Ah Yuan improves my skin complexion, there is a limit to how much it can help with my acne problems or blemishes since after all it's a gentle cleanser.

The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleanser did not disappoint. I purchased a sample bottle during their atrium sales and have been using this for almost 2 months.

This facial wash lathers very well. I love that it lathers really easily because it makes me feel that the face is super cleansed. The smell is a little unpleasant though. I have used other tea tree oil (TTO) products before and I have to say The Body Shop TTO cleanser smells really bad, like some disinfectant or insecticide. (Ew..) For this product, I had a little difficulty in ensuring that it's completely washed off with water. There was this slippery feeling after washing. Try to go over with a face cloth after thorough washing.

After using this for a while, I realised that my blemishes had lightened quite a bit so I'm super pleased with it. It is a tard on the drying side so it's only recommended for those with oily skin. Personally, I don't see the need to use the TTO toner along with their TTO facial wash for it will just make you skin super drying.

Pros: Cleanses well, the tea tree oil helps with clearing blemishes.
Cons: Can be drying for skin.

No comments: