Tuesday, November 29, 2011

New Hauls: Watsons Christmas Member Preview Event 2011

Went to Watsons Christmas Member Preview Event on 16 November 2011. There was 30% discount off for most items. I thought it was a pretty good sale considering Watsons only had 25% off sales for previous Cardmembers' events. I had planned to get KATE stuff but the place was so packed and overwhelming that it totally slipped my mind. -.-


Here's the stuff that I picked up.

I picked up Majolica Majorca Rouge Majex in 21 and PK102 and Majolica Majorca Frozen Splash Eyes in GR732. These came together in a pack for $15. I thought I'll try it as I have never tried MM's lip glosses before. Was also curious about their Frozen Splash Eyes, which is basically like a cream base. It's kind of sheer.


Also bought Majolica Majorca Puff de Cheeks in PK301 Peach Macaron since there's 30% off. I think the original retail price was $22.90 so I got it for $16. Can't wait to use this.



The cosmetic section for brands like Maybelline/L'Oreal/Revlon/Silkygirl had some great deals like "Buy One Get One" for lip products or "Free gift with purchase" so everyone was squeezing over there.

I picked up more Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss as I really like those I've tried. I got them in Peach Petal and Pink Pursuit. Peach Petal is a milky pale peach while Pink Pursuit is a medium pink with lots of shimmer. I don't know if it's me but Pink Pursuit stings my lips if I overapply.


And I finally bought Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in 070 Soft Nude. I have been wanting this for a while but I'm not willing to pay full price for it, which is $21.90. There was 30% off for Revlon products and if you buy their lipsticks, you get a free nail polish too. I get to pick one from 3 shades so I picked out Revlon Nail Enamel in 790 No Shrinking Violet. It's a super gorgeous deep purple (almost eggplant).


I figured I need more sunblock so got Mentholatum Acnes UV Tinted Milk SPF 50 PA++ UVA/UVB and Mentholatum SUNPLAY Water Kids Low Sensitivity SPF 60+ PA+++. I've never tried these before. Bought these after doing some online research about sunblocks.


I also got a twin pack of La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water ($24.90 member price) to try out. It was so crazy as Watsons had twin packs for thermal sprays of different brands like Avene, Vichy, Uriage. I was just so drawn to them all as my skin had been feeling really dry lately.

I actually enjoyed myself and the trip down was worth it. There were some other better deals which I missed out as I was in a rush. I also think I bought too many lip products. The Revlon nail polish was also a really nice surprise. It worked beautifully and I absolutely love the colour. Would totally recommend it.

No comments: