Friday, March 11, 2011

Review: VOV Castledew Extreme Pearl Up Eyes

I bought the VOV Castledew Extreme Pearl Up Eyes online a while back. Been wanting to try out some of the eyeshadows from the range because I've read some raves about it, especially their palettes.

I picked up VOV Castledew Extreme Pearl Up Eyes in VL331 Midnight Deep Violet and VOV Castledew Pearl Up Eyes in 9933 Glam Gold.

From left to right: Extreme Pearl-Up Eyes in VL331, Pearl-Up Eyes in 9933

If you are wondering how the eyeshadow packaging looks like, it looks like this. Couldn't snap a proper photo without the shiny surface reflecting off all the light. The packaging does have a cheap plastic feel but looks really pretty like a gem.


From left to right: Extreme Pearl-Up Eyes in VL331, Pearl-Up Eyes in 9933

VL331 Midnight Deep Violet is a medium purple shade with visible microglitters. But when applied, the glitters don't show up as much. It's a really pretty pearly purple shade. Love it.

9933 Glam Gold is no doubt pretty but a little disappointing for me. I was expecting more of a pearly champagne gold but it's more of a pearly beigey gold. It goes on looking like my eyelid colour. Would work well as an all over eyelid shade or highlighter.

From left to right: Extreme Pearl-Up Eyes in VL331, Pearl-Up Eyes in 9933
I actually really enjoy these eyeshadows and was super happy when I got these since they are so pretty. Both colours have decent pigmentation. If you like eyeshadows with pearl finishes, definitely check out the range.

I got these off Gmarket. John Little Singapore carries the VOV brand but I've yet to check whether these VOV Castledew eyeshadows. Will definitely get more if I see them.

No comments: