Friday, May 19, 2023

Review: The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Facial Foaming Cleanser

 



I tried The Face Shop Rice Water Bright Facial Foaming Cleanser. It is made from rice water, which helps to remove impurities while giving it a brightening effect, and soapwort extract, which helps to brighten and clear up the skin tone.

Here's my review:

I first tried several sample sachets of this and really liked how well it cleaned my skin and how my acne condition improved  so I bought in in the biggest size, 300ml.

The cleanser feels rich and creamy, and forms a whipped-like foam after rubbing in. I feel it cleans well and my skin feels squeaky clean after it. It does not feel overly dry after it.

Unfortunately, after using it day and night, I feel it is not a product to use as an overall cleanser. After using for months, I noticed my acne condition did not improve with it and I learnt it is partly due to this cleanser. While the cleanser cleans well, it does not really remove dead skin well. I later switched to a salicylic acid cleanser, which gave me good results and stopped this cleanser.

I've since included it back to my routine as a morning cleanser. I would say this is good as a light cleanser for daily usage, not one to use after removing makeup or for sloughing off dead skin.

Sidenote:
Also, this product has fakes in the market. I was told the way to identify it was to purchase the one made in Korea, and not the one made in China. I did purchase the one made in Korea, but felt it did not impress me as the sample sachets I got. So I'm not confident that I got the authentic one after all. I guess the safest way to purchase would be from The Face Shop physical store or their web store. 

Did this product work for you?


No comments: