Thursday, December 30, 2010

Collective Haul: Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. 3 and Sephora F&F Sale

I finally got a camera working!

Was really excited about this haul. I had asked a friend to help me get these stuff while she was over there in the US(Thank you angel :) ). I was really worried about Urban Decay's Book of Shadows 3 being sold out in Singapore so I got it online. Turns out Naked Palette was the one that kept running out of stock. Also picked up a few more items from the Sephora Friends & Family Sale 2010, where there's 20% off.

I got Benefit's Some Beauty to Love set. It's limited edition and a Sephora-exclusive. It comes in a neat purse-shaped cardboard box (which I love) and contains a full sized CORALista cheek powder, a full-sized Eye Bright instant eye brightener, a sample sized "That Gal" brightening face primer and a sample sized BADgal Lash Mascara.



The set costs USD $29. That's about the price of a full-sized Benefit's CORALista. And considering there's a 20% discount off, it's super worth it.


I also picked up 3 Stila Travel Girl Palettes. These cost USD$10 each.
Left to Right: Road to Radiance across the USA, Pretty in Paris, Trendsetting in Tokyo

Stila Travel Palette - Road to Radiance across the USA

Stila Travel Palette - Pretty in Paris

Stila Travel Palette - Trendsetting in Tokyo

I haven't really tried these yet so I can't review how great these are. They are really small and compact. Comes with a mirror inside and has a magnetic lid even though the packaging is made from thick cardboard. I've only tried the hot pink blush in Trendsetting in Tokyo and surprisingly, it's so wearable. Even though hot pink blush usually clashes with my yellow skin, I can actually wear it by just applying a very sheer layer to give my face some colour. It doesn't really contrast that much. Definitely give it a try if you are thinking of trying and face the same problem as me.


And finally, here's my Urban Decay Book of Shadows Vol. 3.


If you are wondering about the colours in the palette, you can go to my previous entry to look at it. I wish I could snap a clearer picture of it. The palette is super gorgeous. That's why I didn't have time to play with the other items I bought. :P If you like jewel-toned greens, blues, plums and purples, this Urban Decay palette is so perfect. There's a couple of shades like Midnight Cowboy Rides Again and Maui Wowie that has crazy glitter fallouts, which I'm not a fan of. But it's ok. I think I've found a way to solve the crazy fallout problem. And I love the 2 Travel-sized 24/7 Glide-on pencils in Zero and Ransom in it too!! They are just incredibly smooth to use. I know this palette comes with LED lights and some fanciful pop-up design but I don't really care about that. :P

Overall, I'm super pleased with my haul. I did spend quite a bit but these had been stuff that I've been wanting to get for a long while. The Sephora haul was a bonus so I'm really thrilled I got them at a good deal.

No comments: